Saturday, May 09, 2009

Whoo Wee!


Whoo!

That was a longer pause than I expected!
I apologize, everyone but I plead the following: Nepa, busted computer and no internet. Three fatal enemies to effective blogging.

But yay!!!! We're so back and it feels Ay-mayzin to be here again!
Hope you have a minute because I've got some information backed up that I have to share so first off:

1. Sally Races Up the Place!

A long overdue congrats for Imekura team member, Sally Hermanto for successfully participating in the fund raising run, Race Up the Place! She ran up 30 flights of stairs to help the American Lung Association and lived to tell about it! So, as we say in Nigeria, several Gbosas for her!

Sally sent us this message about her experience which is just too sweet not to be quoted:


Hi!
> > I just wanted to give you a big THANK YOU for the generous
> contribution you made in support of my recent fundraising
> run, Race Up the Place. Together you helped me raise $447

> that all went directly to the American Lung Association!!!

> > The winner finished with a time of 3:37. Yours truly got to
> the top in a little over 9 min. In the words of a fellow
> runner, "I may be able to run a whole marathon, but

> running up 30 flights of stairs might just kill me."
> Luckily, everyone survived including the fleet of

> participating firemen who ran up with 60lbs of gear each.
> Truly a humbling experience.
>
> Attached is a photo. Sorry there aren't more action
> shots. I wasn't looking so hot toward the end so I

> figured, I'll just include a photo of the firemen. They

> always look hot.

>
> Thanks again! I couldn't have done it without you.
> > Sally

And the accompanying image:


Lolz. Yay!!!!!! Good one Sal!


2. BIG news about the Tees.

Our release date which had originally been scheduled for early this year (I believe March-ish? :-)) has been shifted to way later this year in december. Sorry everyone for the delay! We promise that we are not succumbing to the economic crisis or the even more insidious swine flu!

We just found that this timing was more in keeping with our options as far as getting shirts between Nigeria and the States.
We're still very excited about what we're working on and we know that those who have always been on the same page as us will feel it was worth the wait! So please continue being the darling understanding image clubbers you've always been to us!


3. Being in a Movie



As most of you know from earlier posts, one of the things that has kept me singularly busy over the past few months was working on the set of the movie Relentless. I will have to dedicate a special post to describing what a life altering experience that was but for now I will just say that the movie wrapped successfully in March and is in post production in Barcelona till its release date in September.


Meanwhile, a teaser of the film is to be unveiled in Cannes either this month or next. I hope to be able to unveil it here too at an appropriate time!


Relentless is a beautiful art film shot all over Lagos about a man who just can't seem to escape his past. It stars rising star and golden boy Gideon Okeke as well as critically acclaimed chanteuse Nneka Egbuna and Jimmy Jean Louis, more popularly known to 'Heroes' fans as 'The Haitian.

Its a must see for Imekura fans because our tees are featured in it!!!!!!!!!!!


Pretty happy about that!


4. Conclusion.
This post is turning into a thesis so I'll wrap it up for now! More to come later! Sorry for leaving for so long!

All our love,
xx

2 comments: